March Makeover Madness Official Rules
99.5 WZPL/ MY 1079 (WNTR), CBS SPORTS 1430 AM (WXNT) “50,000 Home Makeover Madness”
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Indianapolis, LLC d/b/a 99.5 WZPL, MY 1079 WNTR and CBS SPORTS 1430 AM. The Game (collectively, the “Station” and/or “The Game”) and administered by Million Dollar Media (“MDM”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studios at 9245 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46260 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s websites at www.wzpl.com, www.my1079online.com and www.cbssports1430.com . To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
2. Beginning at 12:00:001m EST on March 18, 2013 through the earlier of (a) when ten thousand (10,000) entries have been received or (b) April 7, 2013 at 11:59:59pm EST, contestants may enter the contest by visiting www.wzpl.com, www.my1079online.com or www.cbssports1430.com and clicking the “Home Improvement Wish List” contest entry button to connect to the contest registration page. Each entrant must fully complete the registration page with all required information including his/her name, complete address (including city, state and zip), valid email address, age, and phone number(s) (including area code(s)) – then create and submit their guess of the winning list of the ten (10) featured Home Improvement projects (new appliances, cabinetry refacing, carpets, furniture, landscaping, windows, basement, pool/patio, heating and cooling, flooring), by placing each of the provided ten (10) home improvement projects in any order of their choice ranked from 1 to 10 on the official online entry form, then click submit. Each featured Home Improvement project should be used a maximum of one time in creating the Home Improvement list in order from 1 to 10 on the online entry form.
3. Accepting any available opt-in opportunities from our sponsors and/or Station is not required to enter the Contest, and checking the opt-in boxes will not improve your chances of winning. Contestants may opt-out of any further email communication at any time without affecting their entry by following the provided opt-out instructions, or replying REMOVE to any email message.
4. Maximum of one entry per email address during the entire contest entry period.
How to Win
5. Prior to the start of this contest, the featured list of ten (10) featured home improvement projects (new appliances, cabinetry refacing, carpets, furniture, landscaping, windows, basement, pool/patio, heating and cooling, flooring) will be randomly arranged in a predetermined grand prize winning order from 1 to 10 by an independent promotions company, MDM, and placed in a sealed security envelope.
6. On or about April 8, 2013 (or within 2 business days after entry closes, if entry closes earlier than April 7th),MDM will inform Station whether any of the entrants in this contest submitted winning list in the identical order as the pre-determined list order. In the event a winning list has been submitted by an eligible entrant, the contestants(s) who submitted the winning list will be notified and will eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. There is only one grand prize available in this contest. In the event of more than one (1) eligible grand prize winning entry (tie), then the grand prize $50,000 Credit (see below) will be evenly distributed among all eligible winning entrants.
7. In the event that no entrant successfully completes the grand prize winning requirements by selecting the identical order of items as the pre-determined winning order, then the grand prize will not be awarded.
8. Bonus Prize: In the event there is not a grand prize winning entry, the eligible contestant who has submitted a home improvement wish list entry that is determined to be closest (as described below) to the predetermined grand prize winning project list will be declared the ‘Bonus Prize Winner’. In the event of any grand prize winner(s), the bonus prize will not be awarded. The bonus prize winner will be determined by identifying the contestant who has submitted the most featured home improvement projects in the correct winning order, starting with the first project. As soon as a contestant has a project in the wrong order, their entry will be considered disqualified – regardless if any additional projects are in the correct position later in their wish list. In the event of a tie between any eligible contestants (i.e. two or more contestants have arranged the same number of projects in the correct order starting with the first project), then a random drawing will be held among those tied contestants to determine the bonus prize winner.
9. THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST. Only a Grand Prize or Bonus Prize will be awarded in this contest—not both.
10. GRAND PRIZE. One (1) Grand Prize may be awarded in this contest. If won, the verified grand prize winner will receive a $50,000 credit that may be used, subject to certain exclusions and restrictions, (“Credit”) at any one or more of the companies listed in Section 12 (“Participating Providers”) (or a share of the $50,000 credit in the event of a tie). Within 45 days after confirmation of a grand prize winner by MDM, the grand prize winner must notify a Station representative in writing (by email or letter, as instructed by Station) of the exact amount and Participating Providers that winner would like to have the credit at (“Issue Notice"). (For example: $10,000 at each of the 5 Participating Providers or all $50,000 at one specific named Participating Provider). Any portion of the total credit value may be redeemed as requested by winning contestant(s), provided the maximum value of total combined Credits awarded in this contest does not exceed $50,000. However, after Station’s receipt of the Issue Notice, winner may not make any changes to how much or which Participating Provider he/she intends to use the credit at. Grand Prize, if any, will only be awarded upon Grand Prize Winner validation and verification by Station and Million Dollar Media, LLC and compliance with these Contest rules. A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded (if at all). In the event of a Grand Prize winner, among other things, winner will be required to sign one or more affidavits and/or liability release agreements “as is”, provide a valid US federal or state government issued photo ID, social security number, and sign an IRS W-9 before the prize is awarded. Failure to do so for any reason within two (2) business days of being notified by Station (which notification may be either one email and/or one telephone call or message left at the number provided) will result in automatic forfeiture of any prize in this contest and disqualification of such potential grand prize winner. IN THE EVENT THERE IS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER, IF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER DOES NOT PICK UP GRAND PRIZE CREDITS WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER NOTIFICATION THAT THE GRAND PRIZE IS AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED. IN SUCH EVENT, THE PRIZE WILL NOT BE RE-AWARDED AND WILL REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF STATION. No family member, friend or other person will be allowed to accept the prize on behalf of the Grand Prize Winner. Notarized affidavits and recorded statements may be required from the contest administrator, witness and Grand Prize Winner to verify compliance with all material contract terms and conditions.
11. BONUS PRIZE: In the event there is not a grand prize winning entry, then the eligible contestant who submitted the guess determined to be closest to the winning project list as described in Section 8 above will be awarded the bonus prize. In the event of any tie, the tie breaking procedure outlined above in Section 8 will be used to determine a maximum of one (1) bonus prize award winner. The bonus prize is a $2,000.00 Credit that that may be used, subject to certain exclusions and restrictions, at any one or more of the Participating Providers. Within 45 days after winner confirmation, the bonus prize winner must notify a Station representative in writing (by email or letter, as instructed by Station) of the exact amount and Participating Providers that winner would like to have the credit at (“Issue Notice"). (For example: $400 at each of the 5 Participating Providers or all $2,000 at one specific named Participating Provider). Any portion of the total credit value may be redeemed as requested by winning contestant, provided the maximum value of total combined credits does not exceed $2,000. However, after Station’s receipt of the Issue Notice, winner may not make any changes to how much or which Participating Provider he/she intends to use the credit at.
12. PARTICIPATING PROVIDERS:
• Clark Appliance : A Credit (if any) which expires on 10/08/13 from Clark Appliance located at 5415 E. 82nd St.Indianapolis, IN 46250 to be used on GE appliances as mutually agreed upon Clark Appliance and winner. Tax and installation are excluded. Delivery is included if within the area that Clark Appliance identifies as the “local yellow delivery zone.”
• ChemDry by Kevin Jones: A Credit which expires on 4/30/14 from ChemDry by Kevin Jones located at 1601 Country Club Road, Indianapolis, IN 46234 to be used on any available carpet/upholstery cleaning service offered by ChemDry by Kevin Jones as mutually agreed to by winner and ChemDry by Kevin Jones. To utilize this Credit, an Eligible Home must be located in the Chem Dry by Kevin Jones service area, consisting of all of Hamilton, Boone, Hendricks, Marion and Morgan counties Indiana.
• NHance by Kevin Jones: A Credit (if any) which expires on 4/30/14 from NHance by Kevin Jones located at 1601 Country Club Road, Indianapolis, IN 46234 to be used on any available NHance wood renewal cabinet and/or floor services by Kevin Jones. To utilize this Credit, an Eligible Home must be located in one of the following counties in Indiana: Marion, Hendricks, Hamilton, Boone, Morgan, Johnson, Shelby and Hancock.
• ICC Floors: A Credit (if any) which expires on 10/31/13 from ICC Floors located at 7226 East 87th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46256 to be used for flooring, painting, cambria hard surfaces, area rugs and/or installation/delivery as mutually agreed to by ICC Floors and the winner. Additional charges may be incurred by winner if located outside the regular service area listed below and winner still would like delivery/installation. Credit will be applied towards these additional charges. Taxes are not included in the prize. Homeowner is responsible for all permits and codes. To utilize this credit, an eligible home must be located in one of the following counties in Indiana: Morgan, Marion, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Boone, Hamilton and Shelby.
• Luxe Home Interiors: A Credit (if any) which expires on 6/30/13 from Luxe Home Interiors Carmel located at 14179 Clay Terrace Blvd., Carmel, IN 46032 to be used towards design consultation in their home or in the store, floor plans with furniture arrangements, paint selections, furniture, window treatments, wallpaper, rugs, accessories and interior lighting as mutually agreed to by Luxe Home Interiors Carmel and the winner. Certificate can be used for delivery and installation. Homeowner is responsible for all permits and codes. To utilize delivery and in-home consultations with this Credit, an Eligible Home must be located within a 30 mile radius of the store.
13. Credits have no cash value, and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other prize. All Credits must be used within the dates set forth in Section 12 above. Any full or partial remaining Credit value will be forfeit. Credits may be used in partial increments. Any unused portion of any Credit with a Participating Provider will not be refunded as Cash, and unused balances will expire on the dates set forth above. If the purchase of any product or service from a Participating Provider exceeds the amount of the remaining Credit attributed to that Participating Provider in the Issue Notice, then winner shall be solely responsible for the difference in the cost at time of prize delivery or acceptance.
14. Prizes are non-transferable. No family member or other person may accept prize on behalf of a winner.
15. Winners will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the use of all Credits, including, without limitation, those that involves installation and delivery to Winner’s residence and for dealing directly with all contractors. Station and MDM shall not be responsible for any work done by Participating Providers or their contractors. Above listed Credits may be subject to other restrictions communicated to Winner.
16. Winner must have a standard homeowner’s insurance policy on the home before any work will commence. Station may require proof of such policy.
17. If the Eligible Home is a condominium, then the Winner is solely responsible for research and obtaining any approvals from the homeowner’s associations (including, without limitation all costs and expenses associated with obtaining such approvals and authorizations).
18. Like all work in a home, there is always the possibility of significant delays (due to delays in obtaining materials, supplies, third party contractors, etc…) before, during or after the construction of work and/or increased costs or time due to unforeseen circumstances or conditions. Winner understands and accepts any such risk of delay or increased costs in excess of the line item caps above. Winner understands and agrees that Station and its sponsors are not responsible for any delays or increased costs, except with respect to a specific Participating Provider if the delay is due solely to its gross misconduct or gross negligence.
19. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, WINNER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM WORK BEING CONDUCTED IN THEIR HOME AND AGREES TO COMPLETELY RELEASE STATION AND MDM FROM ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE DAMAGE OF ANY PROPERTY OR INJURY OF ANY PERSON IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE PRIZE AND THE WORK TO BE PERFORMED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRIZE, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT RELIEVE THE PARTICIPATING PROVIDERS AND THEIR CONTRACTORS PERFORMING ANY WORK AT THE HOME FROM ANY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION TO THE WINNER OR OTHERS.
20. Installation and delivery of materials and installation associated with the Credits shall be only to/at one address. Winner MAY NOT request installation or delivery to multiple addresses.
21. In the event Winner is unable or does not desire to use some or all of the Credits issued, such Credits will be forfeited and no compensation or substitution prize will be awarded and Winner will still receive a IRS 1099 for 2013 for the full value of the Credits issued, whether used or not. If Winner elects not to receive some or all of the Credits, he/she must promptly execute a waiver releasing all claims associated with such Credits on or before 5pm on June 30, 2013 using a form provided by Station. Failure to do so in a timely manner will result in all of the Credits being awarded to the winner and the winner may receive a 1099 for the value of all Credits whether or not he/she elects to accept delivery or pick up all of the Credits.
22. There may be additional restrictions associated with or placed on each individual service/product provided above, which shall be communicated to the winner.
23. Winner is responsible for any non-inclusive charges, delivery fees, tips, taxes, or deposits in addition to those costs already included in these official Contest rules.
24. Winner may be allowed to upgrade or purchase additional services not specifically listed in these official Contest rules and must negotiate said purchased upgrades or additional services directly with the Participating Provider. It is Winner’s sole responsibility for contracting and remitting payment for these additional services. Station has no liability to Winner or to the Participating Providers for the purchase of these upgrades or additional services. Station has no obligation whatsoever to Winner for any such additional services or goods (of the failure of Participating Provider) to provide or adequately provide any such additional services or goods. All such arrangements are made by the Winner at their sole cost, expense and risk.
25. Neither Station, MDM nor any Participating Provider has made or is responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Credits or products or services redeemed from the Credits, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply to any of the products or services received.
Odds of Winning:
25. The odds of any one entrant winning the Grand Prize in this Contest are 1:3,628,800. If there is no grand prize winner, then the odds of any one entrant winning the Bonus Prize in this contest will depend on the number of entries received but will be no greater than 1:10,000.
26. The sponsors of this contest are Entercom Indianapolis LLC d/b/a (9245 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46260), Clark Appliance (5415 E. 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46250), ChemDry by Kevin Jones (1601 Country Club Road, Indianapolis, IN 46234), NHance (1601 Country Club Road, Indianapolis, IN 46234), ICC Floors (7226 E. 87th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46256), and Luxe Home Interiors Carmel (14179 Clay Terrace Blvd., Carmel, IN 46032),
27. This contest is administered by: Million Dollar Media, LLC, P.O. Box 278, Woodbridge, NJ 07095.
Other Rules Specific to this Contest
28. IN CASE OF DISPUTES: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
29. In addition to the eligibility restrictions set forth in the Station’s general contest rules:
a. employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of Million Dollar Media, LLC, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family (i.e., current and ex- spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings and in-laws and steps in any of the foregoing categories) and other household members (i.e., roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners of each legally residing at the same address) are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
b. entrants in this contest must be 18 years of age or older and
c. the entrant and/or or his/her legal spouse on the date of winning must be the legal record owner of a stand-alone or multi-family home or a condominium that is located within the Indianapolis metropolitan area (as reasonably determined by Station or any of the contest sponsors as part of their usual service area) (“Eligible House”). Station reserves the right to require that the selected winner provide one or more documents to evidence eligibility and qualification (including, without limitation, deeds and tax records). Failure to provide any requested documents by the deadline requested by the Station will result in automatic disqualification and no prize will be awarded in this contest.
Official Rules & Winner List Requests
30. For a copy of these Official Rules or for a list of prize winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Indianapolis $50,000 Home Improvement Contest, c/o Entercom, 9245 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46260. PLEASE SPECIFY which you are requesting, official rules or winner list. Requests must be received by 12/1/2103. Winner list will be available after 4/15/2013.
THIS CONTEST IS BEING CONDUCTED AS DESCRIBED ABOVE ON WZPL, WNTR and WXNT. LISTENERS OF THESE RADIO STATIONS OR VISITORS TO THEIR WEBSITES MAY ENTER THIS CONTEST.