CBS Sports 1430 Bracket Challenge Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Indianapolis, LLC d/b/a WXNT (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the WXNT general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the WXNT general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 9245 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46260 and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.cbssports1430.com To the extent that WXNT general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or participate in this contest.
2. To win any prize in this contest, you must be 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
3. Entrants must be or become a member of the social networking site, Facebook and “like” Sports 1430’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/sports1430 prior to entering this contest. Facebook is free to join. Those who “like” the Sports 1430 Facebook page can enter this contest starting at approximately 8pmET on March 17, 2013 (although entry may open a few hours earlier that day) through 15 minutes before tip-off of first round games on March 21, 2013 by clicking on the “Contest” tab. You may also find a link to the WXNT Facebook contest page at www.cbssports1430.com or through other websites and social media pages associated with our sister radio stations in the Indianapolis area (but you will still need to be a Facebook member and “like” Sports 1430’s page). By entering this contest, you authorize the pre-load applicable portions of your Facebook profile into the entry form. You will then be required to manually provide all other information on the entry forms. To enter, you must then provide and submit the following required contact information: name, address, phone number, gender and email address. You will then be able to complete brackets as described below.
4. The entry/registration process will also require you to log into an existing account or create a free account with the game administrator, UPICKEM. Once you register, your member ID will be the email address you provided and you will then be given the opportunity to fill out your men’s college basketball bracket which must be submitted by 15 minutes prior to tip-off of first games of first round on March 21, 2013. Any player attempting to make team selections close to the deadline risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. Players may make as many changes as they desire to their selections until 15 minutes before tip-off of first games of first round on March 21, 2013. After March 21st at this designated deadline time, no further changes may be made to an entrant’s selection. We are not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc. which may cause the changes to your picks to not be made.
5. The registration is a simple five-part process that involves age and email verification, contact information, team name creation, and password selection. The registration system will be available shortly after the bracket pairings are announced on Sunday, March 17, 2013, however, you may not be able to enter this contest or save any of your picks until after the play-in games are over.
6. Limit one (1) entry per registration and limit of one (1) registration per Facebook account. Email verification may be required to set up an account.
7. This contest will only be conducted by Station and entry is only available through the WXNT Facebook page (Sports 1430). However, some of our sister radio stations in the greater Indianapolis area may promote our contest to their listeners through links from their websites or social media pages, through emails to their listener clubs or through other means.
How to Win
8. Making Selections. Select the team that you believe will be the winner of each game of each round of the tournament by 15 minutes before the tip off of the first games on March 21, 2013 (i.e., the round of 64 teams) and complete any information/guesses indicated as tie-breaker questions. This contest requires that you determine who you think will win each round of the entire tournament before the first round of games begins. After March 21, 2013 at 15 minutes before tip- off of first games, no further changes to your tournament bracket will be permitted.
9. There will be six separate rounds in this contest based upon the rounds of the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament and as follows (each a “Round”):
a. Round #1: 32 games between 3/21/13 and 3/22/13
b. Round #2: 16 games between 3/23/13 and 3/24/13
c. Round #3: 8 games between 3/28/13 and 3/29/13
d. Round #4: 4 games between 4/30/13 and 3/31/13
e. Round #5: 2 games on 4/6/13
f. Round #6: 1 game on 4/8/13
10. The following rules apply to all Contest Rounds:
a. You must select the team for each listed game in each Round that you believe will be the winner of that game and predict the score for the winning and losing teams for the designated tie-breaker game, subject to section (b) immediately below.
b. If you fail to select a winner for any listed game in any particular Round, you will receive zero points for that game.
11. Each Round of the tournament is worth up to 64 points. There are 6 rounds in the tournament worth up to 384 points. You will receive 2 points for each First Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 4 points for each Second Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 8 points for each Third Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 16 points for each Fourth Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 32 points for each Fifth Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 64 points for picking the winner of the Championship game. If a game is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, that game shall not count for any participant and scores will be computed as if the game did not exist.
12. For each Round, the entrant who had the most points for that Round will be that Round’s contest winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules. There will be a total of six (6) Round winners (one winner for each Round). Once the tournament is over, one (1) eligible entrant who has the most number of points for all six rounds combined will win a grand prize (below), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules.
13. If there is a tie for the highest score in rounds 1 through 5, the computer chooses a random winner from those who are tied.
14. If there is a tie for the highest score in Round (6), the round winner will be determined by the following method: Users pick who they think is going to win the game along with the final score for the championship game. The computer then takes all the fans who are tied for that round and applies the following "Score Approximation Formula":
1. Subtract what the fan chose as the score for the winning team from the actual winning team's score and square this value.
2. Subtract what the fan chose as the score for the losing team from the actual losing team's score and square this value.
3. Add 1 and 2 above together to get the fan's "score approximation".
If there is still a tie after determining the "score approximation" then the computer chooses a random winner from those who are tied.
15. In the event of a tie for the highest overall score/points for the grand prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants using the tied entrants’ answer (or assigned answer pursuant to Section 10b above) to the tie-breaker question for the final championship Round only: (a) the score guessed for the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score guessed for the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The tied participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains after that tiebreaker round, the winner will be determined based on the following criteria in this order:
a) The most points earned in the Fifth Round.
b) The most points earned in the Fourth Round.
c) The most points earned in the Third Round.
d) The most points earned in the Second Round.
e) The most points earned in the First Round.
f) If there is still a tie the computer picks a random winner from the then-remaining tied players.
16. Being in a private group has no impact on winning in this contest. It is simply for entertainment purposes. The winner within any private group is not entitled to any prizes in this contest, unless they win in accordance with these contest rules from among all of the Station entrants.
17. There will be six (6) Rounds during this contest. One (1) winner in each of the six (6) Rounds, upon verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules, will receive a $100 gift card to Severin Bar. Gift cards expire on 12/30/13 and may not be used for gratuity or alcohol purchases.
18. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a $1,000 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods store. No restrictions apply.
Odds of Winning
19. Odds of winning depends on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college hoops knowledge of all entrants.
20. This contest is sponsored by Entercom Indianapolis, LLC., and Severin Bar
Other Rules specific to this contest
22. For entertainment purposes only, one or more Station employees may talk about their picks and/or how they are doing in this contest. Such employees may appear on the Stats pages as entrants in this contest and/or winners or leaders in this contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will any Station employee be an eligible participant in this contest and shall not be entitled to win any prizes in this contest. In the event that a Station employee is selected by the UPICKEM software as a winner, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and Station will manually award the entrant with the highest score (as set forth above) to be a weekly winner in this contest.
23. Employees of UPICKEM and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest. A
24. This contest is in no way connected with, affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook or the NCAA, or any of its affiliated teams, players, or players union. All references to any basketball name or term is purely nominative and not intended to imply any connection, affiliation, or endorsement. This contest is not affiliated with or endorsed by the NCAA or any NCAA basketball team nor Facebook.
25. This game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. This game is strictly for entertainment purposes only and in connection with the contest described above.
Facebook is in no way a sponsor, endorser or administrator of this contest and is not affiliated with WXNT or this contest in any manner. Entry information provided in this contest is being provided to WXNT Sports 1430, not Facebook.