At some point, the stars really were just like us, toiling away in jobs that sucked their souls. Here are some of the best ones.
1. Hugh Grant cleaned toilets at IBM in London. He once bragged, “I can get crystalline urine out.”
2. Sandra Bullock was a dog groomer . . . and Cyndi Lauper was a kennel cleaner.
3. Willem Dafoe bound “Penthouse” and “Hustler” magazines at a factory in the Midwest.
4. Paul Rudd was a DJ at bar mitzvahs.
5. James Brown once shined shoes outside a radio station in Augusta, Georgia . . . then when he got rich he BOUGHT IT.
6. Kelsey Grammer was a dishwasher at Denny’s.
7. Ashton Kutcher swept floors at a General Mills factory.
8. Lucy Lawless was a gold miner in Australia.
9. Taye Diggs sang “Day-O” in the Little Mermaid attraction at Tokyo Disney.
10. Harrison Ford was a carpenter.
11. David Duchovny was a lifeguard.
12. Warren Beatty caught mice behind D.C.’s National Theater.
13. Javier Bardem was a rugby player, a bouncer, a writer, a construction worker, and a STRIPPER.
14. Danny DeVito was a beautician.
15. Carol Burnett sold popcorn.
You can find more here.