1. For almost all of the 1800s, maps of Africa had a mountain range called the Mountains of Kong . . . which didn’t actually exist. They still even show up once in a while on modern maps . . . an atlas from 1995 even had them.
2. The original definition of “weird” was “having the power to control the fate or destiny of human beings.”
3. Marilyn Monroe had an IQ of 163 . . . Albert Einstein’s IQ was 160.
4. Harry S. Truman, Michael J. Fox, and Ulysses S. Grant all have middle initials that don’t stand for anything.
In Michael J. Fox’s case, his real middle name was Andrew. He went with “J” to distinguish himself from a guy already in the Screen Actors Guild.
5. The United States is one of the few countries that drinks milk cold. Most other countries use a different method of pasteurization that keeps milk good even when it’s not refrigerated, and they like drinking it at room temperature.