1. Iran has fast food chains named “Mash Donald’s” and “Pizza Hat” because McDonald’s and Pizza Hut aren’t allowed in the country.
2. There’s a statute from 1909 that’s still on the books in Missouri that says if a bull has been running loose for at least three days, anyone’s allowed to castrate it.
3. There’s nicotine in eggplants . . . but not much. You’d have to eat 20 POUNDS of eggplants to get the nicotine effect you get from one cigarette.
4. Fredric Baur is the inventor of Pringles, and before he died in 2008, his final request was to be cremated and buried in a Pringles can. His children fulfilled his request.
5. “Madison” only became a popular name for girls after “Splash” came out in 1984, when Daryl Hannah’s character picks the name off a Madison Avenue street sign. Tom Hanks even says, quote, “But Madison isn’t a name.”